Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

Week 13 Weight Stagnation

Over the last two and a half weeks my weight has only dropped by a few hundred grams.  This has been a bit frustrating and a bit disheartening.

But I am not actually surprised when I think of what has been going on over the last few weeks.  And I think I know what the problem is.  Sugar.  Good old empty calories.

For the past few weeks I have been craving sugar and I have have been satisfying this craving with all sorts of sweet treats.  Now for me this is quite unusual as I do not have a sweet tooth.  In fact I am all about the savoury foods.

But none the less I have been snacking on sweet biscuits, cake, and the odd bit of chocolate.  And all those empty calories is what I think has halted my weight loss.  That and the fact that I have not done any exercise for the past few weeks.
This just goes to show that the sleeve is a tool for weight loss not the ultimate solution.  If you eat junk and do no exercise then you will not loose weight.  Full stop.

So tomorrow is a new day and I am determined to make sure I am not filling up on empty calories or sugary foods.
Now doesn't that sound just like something you would say when on a diet....

Well the reality is that even with a sleeve it matters what you put in your mouth.

I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave. Feel free to ask questions.
If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just came across this. How are things going?
:)

Walker Walkabout said...

Hi! I'm following your journey closely as I have my op with Dr Hatz in September :) Hope you are keeping well!

Unknown said...

Hi there. Im booked in with DR H in Jan. I loved reading your blog but I'd love to know how you've gone since May and see some pics :)