Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

A Brief Overview

I am at a bit of a loss as to how to start this, so I have decided to give a brief overview of where I am now and some basic details of my situation.

I am 35 years old and have battled my weight since I hit puberty when I was 11.  This is partly to do with the fact that I have PCOS (poly cycistic ovarian syndrome) but the reality is that I also over eat.  Not a good combination.

My weight has not been much of a barrier for most of my life and I have always done some sort of exercise, although not enough to ever shift a significant amount of weight or keep it off.

But over the last few year there have been signs that my weight is now starting to have an impact on my health and I can feel myself at the start of a downward spiral.

So just over 12 months ago I started investigating bariatric surgery and decided that a gastric sleeve might be the way to go.  I got a referral from my GP and started investigating surgeons.  I ended up going to see Dr Michael Hatzifotis .

After putting him through his passes with an exhaustive list of questions I had decided to book in to have a gastric sleeve in just over 12 months time.  The reason for the wait is that I needed to upgrade my private health insurance.

So for the last 12 months I have been in a holding pattern waiting for my surgery.  But now it is only 5 weeks away  on February 14 and there are so many thoughts running through I really needed somewhere to get them all out.  I have been looking on line to try and get answers to some of these questions/thoughts and while there is lots of information out there I feel like there are details missing.

So I hope through writing this blog about my experience it will help other people.

I have only touched on some subjects very lightly here and will expand on them in future posts but for now you know a little bit about a few things.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi I am going to see Dr Hatzifotis in a few weeks time im hoping to get a surgery date of feb 2015.

How did you like Dr Hatzifotis?