Pages

Thursday 16 January 2014

Staying Motivated

I know that there are going to be some tough times ahead and I am trying to put some strategies in place to give me the very best chance of success.
Many people will think that this surgery is the easy way out and that it does not require as much effort as traditional dieting but I know there are hard times ahead.

The times I see being the hardest are:
The last week before starting my Pre Op Diet
The Pre Op Diet (the first few days in particular)
Immediately Post Op
The first 2 weeks Post Op

And Here's Why:


  • The last week before starting my Pre Op Diet - I think this will be my time of doubt.  Am I doing the right thing, OMG I might never eat this again, I am not sure if this is what I want, and many more negative thoughts.
  • The Pre Op Diet (the first few days in particular) - Diet shakes and rabbit food, hunger (I think this will be mainly the first few days but I worry that it will last the full 2 weeks)
  • Immediately Post Op - I do not cope well with the anesthetic and I know I will feel really rotten and nauseous for at least 24 hours.  I worry that the hospital staff will not be able to get this under control and I will end up retching and tear my staple line.
  • The first 2 weeks Post Op - This is where I think I will be thinking what have I done, will I ever get my energy back, and I can't wait to get rid of these shakes and eat some real food.
So I have made myself a vision board.  Something to remind me that these are all short term issues to overcome and I have so much to look forward to.



I will be looking at this every day as I have it on my office wall and I will be using it to remind me of all the good times to come.
Hopefully these images and words will get me through the hard times.

I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

No comments: