Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Can You Be Fat And Healthy?

I guess that is a pretty loaded question.

If you are young, active, have no health conditions and are only a little overweight then maybe yes you can still be healthy.  But the chances of your health not being affected in the future I think are slim, something that, if you are heavy when you are young, you are unlikely to be as you age.

Since I hit puberty I have always been overweight but from when I was 18 until when I was 30 my weight hovered around 85kg.  I was active, went to the gym 4 times a week, played sports, and generally ate healthily.

But then age kicked in and the weight slowly crept on.
As my weight increased I also found exercise less enjoyable and therefore did less of it.  And so the vicious cycle began.

I think that you can be fat and healthy in the short term but in the long term I think that you body is less able to deal with the extra weight.  I for one know that my joints ache now and they never used to and they will be glad for me to shed this extra weight.

I sure am looking forward to a healthy future and that is one of the biggest reasons for having the surgery. Looking good will just be an added bonus.

I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

No comments: