Pages

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Dietitian Appointments

Over the next 6 months I will have 5 appointments with a dietitian to make sure I am aware of everything I need to do at each stage of this journey.

Appointment Schedule

1.  A week before starting my 2 week pre-op diet to discuss the do's and don'ts over the 2 weeks.
2.  2 days before surgery to discuss the 2 weeks of liquid only post op.
3.  Last day of liquid only diet to discuss moving on to blended phase
4.  4 weeks post op discussing moving back to all foods
5.  3 months post op discussing how to keep loosing weight until you reach your goal weight.

Next week if my first appointment which will be conducted over the phone because of where I live.  The Dietitian I am seeing is Andrew McNeill and he works with my surgeon a lot.
He  has been really nice so far and took the time to explain all of the stages that we will discuss and what I have to look forward to.  He also reassured me that I have a great surgeon who takes no risks and will really look after me.
It was great to hear that from him, not that I had any concerns but at the back of my mind I know there are real risks associated with any surgery.

I will post about the details of each appointment as they happen.

I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

No comments: