Pages

Saturday 18 January 2014

The Scales Don't Lie - The Before Photos

So I am starting this journey at 116kg and that is my heaviest weight ever.
In my 20's I hovered around 85 - 90kg but over the last few years the weight has crept on.  Bloody 30's.

For me it is really hard to see myself as I really am and apparently I have been fooling others too.  The other day I was discussing with a good friend my surgery and the fact that I wanted to loose  nearly 50kg and he just about choked on his coffee.  He was shocked and told me there was no way I needed to loose that much weight and he was having trouble understanding why I was doing something so drastic..  I asked him why he thought that and he said that I did not over eat or eat bad foods.  He is correct that I don't over eat that much and I eat really healthy food but my hormones really affect me.  Then he says "plus you are not really that big", guess I had him fooled.
He got me to stand up and he said he still couldn't see it.  So I laughed at him and told him how much I weighed.  Then he got it.
He got up and hugged me and said "now I understand".  Until that moment when I put it in numbers he had now idea.

So I have taken my before photos so that I can track my progress.  Even with the dusty mirror soft focus on you can still see that I carry all my weight around my middle, the worst place to be fat due to the organ damage it can do.




Anyway this is the starting point and I will never again be this big.

I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

No comments: