Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Nearly There - 2 days To Go

So here we are with only 2 days to go and I can't wait to get this op done.

So how has it been?  Well I am well and truly sick of diet jelly (I hate artificial sweeteners) but other than that not too bad.  I have not been hungry but you never feel satisfied from just shakes, jelly and veggies.

I have really missed meat and cheese and a few days ago I had a piece of cheese about the size of  matchbox and it was divine.  On Sunday I had to go to my brother sister in laws baby shower where they were having a BBQ.  My dietitian suggested I stick to a small piece of steak and salad which I did.  I also took along a zuccini and grilled it on the BBQ.  All in all it was a good option.  But ohhhh the smell of BBQ sausages, potato bake and then there were bread rolls and real butter.  I had to look away.  But I have been good other than that.

But the best thing is that I have lost 6kg which is great according to my dietitian.  He tells me that it is a sure sign my liver is shrinking.
My meeting with him today was to discuss my post op plan and this is how it goes:

14th Feb - Operation Day, no drinking allowed IV only
15th Feb - no drinking allowed IV only
16th Feb -no drinking allowed IV only
17th Feb - allowed to drink shakes and water @ a rate of 60ml per hour that is 1 teaspoon every 5 minutes
18th Feb - Time to go home still drinking as above.

After 7 days I can increase my liquid intake to a rate of 100ml per hour.

Apparently it will take me about 3 hours to get through 1 protein shake... crazy.

Well that is it for now and I am not sure if I will blog again till after my op.

So see ya on the other side... maybe.

I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

No comments: