Pages

Friday 28 February 2014

Puree Preparation

So I went shopping and cooked up a whole lot  of food for my 2 weeks on pureed food.

I cooked up some savoury meals and I also stewed some fruit to have with yogurt.

I know that I will be having mushed up wheatbix with milk for breakfast and fruit and yogurt for morning and afternoon tea and supper and then I just need to have 2 other meals which will be made up of meat and vegetables.

I cooked up some apples and some peaches and pureed them.  Then when the mix had cooled I measured it in a 1/4 cup measure and then put each 1/4 cup of puree in a freezer bag and tied the top.  These all went in the freezer and I know they will not take long to defrost since they are such small bags

Then I cooked up a leek, potato and bacon soup which again was pureed, cooled and bagged this time in 1/2 cup amounts.

And finally I cooked some beef in red wine sauce in the slow cooker and repeated the process for the soup.

I really wanted to have these meals cooked ahead of time as it is much easier to cook a larger amount and puree it that try and cook 1/2 cup portions.  Plus I did not want to have the hassle of cooing every day when I was possibly a bit tired due to being back at work and on low nutrition.

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to eating savoury food after all these sweet shakes and when the day rolls around I can have cruskits as well that will be so good.  Texture in my food has been something I have really missed and it was not something I had thought about missing.


I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

No comments: