Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Leaving Hospital

Well today I got to leave hospital and I was really looking forward to getting out.  Not that the staff had not been wonderful it was more that I wanted to feel like I was on the path to getting back to normal.

When I got up in the morning my IV was beeping telling me that the fluid was not going into a vein but into my arm again.  I called the nurse and she decided that since I was going home today and I was able to drink they would not put another one in.
This was great because it allowed me to have my first shower without an IV in my arm.  Because of where my canula was in my arm I could not bend my arm enough to brush my hair let alone wash it.  So it was great to be able to have a shower and wash my hair.  After that I felt like a new woman.

Normal check out time was 10 am but I was not discharged until 1pm.  I had to prove that I could drink a shake drink not just water and then I was given the all clear to go home.

Here is a photo of my stomach 5 days post surgery.  Most of the bruising is from where the base of each of the instruments sits and was not really that sore.

Now it is just time to sit back and relax and let my body heal.  That plus my 15 minute alarms for drinking will be my life for a while.



I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

No comments: