Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

4 Days Into Pre Op Diet

So here we are 4 days in and so far so good.

I have not been as hungry as I thought I would be but I have been filling up on jelly and cucumbers.  I have found that I am having a cup of tea when I get up and my breakfast shake at about 9.30.  This means I am not starving when it gets to lunchtime.  I think the Metamucil helps fill you up too.
One of the other things that my dietitian told me is that you cannot drink anything within 30 minutes before eating or up to 45 minutes after eating.  Apparently this flushes your food through more quickly and leaves you feeling hungry sooner.  In all my years no one has ever told me that but I can see how it makes sense.
This drinking habit is something I will be stuck with for the rest of my life as after my op there will not be enough room in my stomach for both food and drink.

So for dinner so far I have had stir fry twice and salad twice in addition to my shake which I had 30 minutes before.


At this stage I can say that I am missing meat and cheese, but I'll get over it.

Anyway I have some ideas for a dip for veggies and I might try a veggie juice too in the mornings which will help give me extra energy but not count towards my 2 cups since all the pulp is taken out.

I really appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Feel free to ask questions.

If you are on this journey too or any other type of weight loss journey feel free to say hello and share your story.

No comments: